Now that winter is upon us in the Northern Hemisphere, the slow cooker has come out of hiding from the back of the cupboard and this Slow Cooker Parmesan Garlic Herb Chicken is such an easy meal packed with amazing flavours!
I was a little cautious when making it without any liquid to cover the food but everything cooked to perfection and the chicken is juicy. I served it up with steamed veggies.
This makes a great meal in one!
- 2 Tablespoons butter
- 2 pounds bone in chicken thighs can also use boneless thighs or boneless chicken breasts
- 2 pounds baby red potatoes quartered
- 4 garlic cloves minced
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon fresh thyme finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon oregano finely chopped
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- freshly grated parmesan cheese for serving
- garnish with fresh parsley
- In a large heavy-based pan over medium high heat add the butter and melt. Salt and pepper the chicken and add to the pan. Brown on each side for 1-2 minutes or until nicely brown on each side. Set aside.
- In the slow cooker add potatoes, garlic, parmesan cheese, parsley, thyme, oregano, and mix. Season with salt and pepper. Drizzle in olive oil and mix until coated.
- Add the chicken to the slow cooker and cover. Cook on low for 6 hours or high for 4 or until potatoes are tender. Top generously with freshly grated parmesan cheese. Garnish with fresh parsley.